11 Lifestyle tips to boost fertility
Here Dr. Sharon Shmueli, GP, shares her advice:
- Focus on your partner's fertility window – Conceiving is timing
- It is important to have intercourse at least twice a week on regular intervals to maximize your chances of conceiving.
- Reduce stress – trying to conceive is a stressful period and you need to try and find time for your relationship and bring back romance into your life.
- Cut back on alcohol - Leave yourself at least 2 days without alcohol, do not drink daily or excessively, avoid binge drink in and drinks containing high percentage of alcohol.
- Stop smoking - It is imperative you stop smoking, all the evidence show that smoking affects your fertility.
- Lose weight – try to achieve a healthier weight and a better diet, watch what you eat and stop snacking. Eat regular varied meals with all your 5 a day requirements.
- Take your fertility supplements for men- these are natural supplements to your diet that you do not always get in the right quantities.
- Exercise in moderation- this will improve your general health and hence your chances of conceiving.
- Watch your weight – fertility Diet
- Reduce caffeine intake
- Try to go out, book a romantic weekend away, do something special for each other.
We all live a very stressful, busy life and trying to conceive adds to this already stressful living. Leave yourself at least 2 days without alcohol, do not drink daily or excessively, avoid binge drink in and drinks containing high percentage of alcohol. It is imperative you stop smoking, all the evidence show that smoking affects your fertility.